MLS Offers E-billing Option to Members
For MLS Broker and Appraiser Participants, this means being able to receive your unpaid MLS individual as well as your office’s MLS statement by email each month, dispensing with the paper bill.
For MLS Agent and Appraiser Subscribers, this means being able to have your unpaid MLS invoices emailed directly to you to be paid before being billed to your office.
How will this work?
- Beginning in October 2011, MLS Direct Pay members who have their monthly MLS fees paid automatically each month,will have their monthly payments processed by the 2nd business day of each month and will receive an emailed receipt for that transaction.
- All remaining unpaid and unprocessed Direct Pay invoices will then be emailed directly to members who have chosen ‘Email’ as a preferred billing method in their member account. This e-bill will include a link to the member’s online account where invoices may be conveniently paid by credit card or e-check. Payments processed by credit card, e-check or by mail by the 7th day of each month, will not be billed to office.
- On the 8th of the month, MLS will compile all remaining unpaid invoices to an office statement and send it to the office by the preferred billing method of the MLS Broker/Appraiser, whose responsibility it will then become to ensure that payment is made by the statement due date.
- Each MLS monthly invoice that is not paid by the end of the month will incur a $5 late fee and can place the entire office in jeopardy of suspension of MLS service!
Please consider signing up for MLS Direct Pay to ensure the timely payment of your MLS monthly fees. Call Lauren for more information at 401-432-6930 or download the MLS Direct Pay form.
Talk to your Broker/Appraiser/Office Manager to find out if e-billing is right for you and your office.
To sign up for e-billing:
- Log into your member account and access your Personal Information under the Member Services Menu.
- Be sure that you have a valid email address in the Association E-mail field.
- Scroll down to Preferences near the bottom of the screen and use the drop down menu under Preferred Billing Method to select ‘email’ as your preferred billing method.
- For help, call the MLS tech department at 401-785-9898, opt 3
Monthly paper statements will continue to be sent to MLS Broker/Appraiser Participants that choose ‘mail’ as their preferred billing method. Agent or Appraiser Subscribers that choose ‘mail’ will not receive an individual paper statement.
Call Lauren in MLS billing with any questions at 401-432-6930 .